POSITION: SUPERVISORY ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – FSN-105
OPEN TO: Internal Candidates Only
OPENING DATE: July 17, 2017
CLOSING DATE: August 7, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time position – 40 hours/week
GRADE: FSN-11/with the possibility of hiring the employee at a trainee level
Note: Due to the number of applications we receive, only applicants who have been short listed will be contacted by USAID.
- BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position is located within the Regional Executive Office (REXO), USAID/Senegal. The purpose of this position is to serve as Supervisory Management Specialist (SMS) to the Regional Supervisory Executive Officer (RS/EXO) and Regional USDH Deputy Executive Officer. The SMS is supervised directly by the USDH RS/EXO. S/He is responsible for ensuring the timely provision of high quality administrative and logistical support services to USAID/Senegal Regional Mission.
The Supervisory Management Specialist has major supervisory and leadership responsibility for the Information Resource Management and Procurement sections of the EXO office. In the absence of the RS/EXO and Regional USDH Deputy Executive Officer, the Supervisory Management Specialist oversees the entire EXO operation and serves as a primary advisor to the Mission Director and Deputy Mission Directors on all administrative and management matters. S/He is responsible for policy formulation, implementation, data collection and analysis, consultation, monitoring and advisory functions of a wide range and complex nature.
The Supervisory Management Specialist is an integral member of the USAID/Senegal Management Team. S/He is tasked with special assignments and reports related to the functions of any Executive Office; serves as business advisor and functions as a senior Foreign Service National (FSN) expert on administrative and management matters.
The Supervisory Management Specialist supports the bilateral and regional programs and other offices on an as needed basis. Travel may be required in support of regional operations (Sahel Regional Office, Niger, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, and Chad).
- QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public or Business Administration, Liberal Arts or other related fields with emphasis in general business management or in Information Management required.
- Prior Work Experience: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible demonstrated administrative experience.
- Post Entry Training: PFA, PDM, COR/AOR are required.
- Language Proficiency: Incumbent must be fluent in English and French (level IV). Good working knowledge in Wolof language is highly desirable.
- Job Knowledge: Knowledge of management principles, techniques, and practices preferred. Must have a good knowledge of, or the potential to acquire knowledge of, USAID policies, regulations, methodologies, and documentation. Must have knowledge of generally accepted business management principles and have an understanding of Senegalese Government laws, regulations (taxation and procurement), and local business practices. Knowledge on management of Information Technology and Communication systems is desirable.
- Skills and Abilities: The Incumbent must possess adequate skills which demonstrate a keen interpersonal ability and have proven leadership, supervisory and administrative management ability; Must have strong intellectual and conceptual skills needed to accomplish EXO goals; Strong management skills are required to develop and implement administrative activities involving technical assistance and training; Supervisory skills are required to monitor and evaluate the performance of multi-disciplinary teams of support personnel; Must be able to obtain, analyze and evaluate data of complex nature to prepare factual and analytical reports as required; Must have strong communication and information management skills; Must have the ability to effectively, and often independently, advocate EXO management and policy positions with Mission senior management and other USAID employees.Interested applicants should submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in USAID website http://usaid.gov/senegal or in the USAID HR section.