Management Assistant (WAE) Vacancy Announcement
U.S. Mission U.S. Embassy Dakar
Announcement Number: Dakar-2019- 045
Position Title: Management Assistant (USEFM, When Actually Employed- WAE)
Opening Period: July 12, 2019- July 26, 2019
Salary: (USD) 36,725-(USD) 36,725
For More Info: Human Resources Office
Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Security Clearance Required: Secret
Definite Not to Exceed 1 year.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dakar, Senegal is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Management Assistant.
The work schedule for this position is:
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The Management Assistant provides administrative support primarily to the Management Section but to all Agencies/sections as needed. Contacts and coordinates with various Embassy personnel. Fills in for Office Management Specialists, Administrative Assistants, and CLO Assistants in their absences. Performs special projects such as COLA report, differential report, housing handbook, and ICASS handbook.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: Two years of college education required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years general administrative experience is required.
LANGUAGE: English Level III (good working knowledge, speaking, reading and writing) is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of MS-Office software – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. (This may be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certification.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va.
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
Applicants must complete the following application process to be considered:
- Follow this link to the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Website at https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/sen/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms. Click on the Announcement Number DAKAR-2019- 045 Management Assistant (USEFM, When Actually Employed- WAE). Click on “Apply to this Vacancy” in the upper left section of the announcement. Create an account or log in as necessary, and complete the application.
- Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.) into the ERA system.
- Review and submit the application.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Degree (not transcript)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
- List of references (optional)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Dakar, Senegal.