FOR SALE – KTM 640 LC4 2003 – 1,400,000 CFA
Good condition, approximately 40,000 km. Dash computer not working but new one can be bought if required for additional cost. Larger capacity long-range fuel tank. New rear tire & tube, new front tube. New brake pads, new radiator hoses, extra headlight, recently serviced.
Comes with many spare parts and extras, including original fuel tank and fairing, Tank bag (name), spare tubes, spare tires front & rear (used but still functional), maintenance stand, oil catcher, battery charger/conditioner (Optimate 6), plus various tools and fluids.
Contact Richard on WhatsApp: +221764197377 or email@example.com
2011 RAV4 for sale
- 4 cylinders, automatic transmission, 4×4 AWD
- 56,000 miles / 90,000 kms – regularly serviced and maintained
- Available June 21
- Imported from USA, tax not paid (green plates), but can be sold to Senegal resident and permanently imported if taxes paid.
Asking USD $12,500 (or CFA equivalent) or best offer
Contact Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 764197377
I am selling my Suzuki Jimny, model 2009. I have been the only owner of the car. It only has 60,000 KM, all the revisions have been done at CFAO. It has never given me any trouble and the car is in perfect conditions. It has diplomatic plates, so it will be perfect for a diplomat.
Fuel Type: Essence; Transmission: Manual; Features: 4 seats, 3 doors, 4×4, AC. Available immediately.
Price of item: 5,000,000 XOF (price does not include customs)
Contact: Maria Perdome at 77 204 1542 or email@example.com
Our sitter, Vivian, has been taking care of our three kids for more than two years. I found her on the DakarCLO website – she has worked for many embassy families in the past. Vivian is Cameroonian and speaks English and French. She is reliable and absolutely unflappable even with our three active kids. She takes them to playdates and activities across town, makes friends with other nannies and has never missed a single day of work. She also has never once turned down the chance for extra hours, and has spent the night when we both were out of town to care for the kids. She has letters of recommendation from past families and is certified in domestic training by the US Embassy. Vivian can follow recipes to a T – she also makes vegetarian food – and regularly looks through American cookbooks for recipes to make on her own. We send her to the market for ingredients. She makes payments for us for tutors and groceries and we trust her with any amount of money. She has been a housekeeper/nanny in the past (our office is in our home so we have a separate housekeeper employed by my workplace – I’m the New York Times reporter in Dakar). Besides being rock solid as a nanny, she is a genuinely lovely person – I have yet to see her in a bad mood. Other parents in our neighborhood Fenetre Mermoz and beyond can attest to her character. She can be reached on whatsapp or mobile at +221 77 373 34 66 and I can provide a reference at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp +221 77 569 4444.
International School of Dakar
Job Summary: We are looking for a Yearbook Consultant to design and produce our school’s yearbook. The job will require organization, design skills, and an enthusiasm for working with students and our community. We want someone who is passionate about designing, writing, and depicting the vibrant school community through the yearbook! You will also be responsible for production of the yearbook, including working with printing vendors in Dakar to ensure a high-quality product.
This is a project-based, contract position with flexible working hours. The work will extend from August 2019 until the yearbook’s completion in June 2020.
- Planning and outlining the school yearbook in its entirety
- Photographing key school events (camera provided) and collaborating with teachers, coaches, parents, and students to source photographs for the yearbook
- Writing headlines, stories, and captions as needed and collaborating with teachers, coaches and students to source stories.
- Designing the yearbook using InDesign (school provided) or design software of choice.
- Choosing a theme that is consistent throughout the yearbook, including cover design and inside pages
- Choosing type/text/font specifications that are consistent throughout the yearbook
- Reviewing/proofreading page designs and stories
- Completing pages in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Working with students
- Working with Finance department and printing vendor in Dakar.
- Maintaining an open line of communication with the Communications Coordinator to review work as it progresses
Qualifications: We are looking for a candidate with experience working on or producing English-medium publications or with a background in design and/or writing. This includes:
- Advanced or Fluent English (French or Wolof a plus)
- Excellent design skills, preferably in InDesign
- Ability to work independently to meet self-made deadlines
- Ability to work with students of all ages in a supportive manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Creativity and flexibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with teachers, coaches, parents and students.
- Enthusiasm for working with a tight-knit school community
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and experience to email@example.com by May 29, 201
Mountain Bike for Sale: Specialized Stumpjumper Pro
This is a great bike for scaling mixed terrain or the tarmac and dirt roads of Senegal. This black Specialized Stumpjumper Pro has 26″ wheels with cantilever breaks, a Rock Shock fork suspension, DeoreXT shifters and XTR derailer, and a “small” frame with very low mileage.
Please contact Randy at 76 600 28 63 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated April 28, 2014
2014 Kymco Agility 125cc for sale
2014 Kymco 125 scooter with less than 1000 miles on it. Regularly maintained. Available July 2019.
Asking: $1650 or best offer
Contact: Nicholas Welch @ 78 140 2478 or email@example.com