U.S. Mission U.S. Embassy Dakar
Announcement Number: DAKAR-2019-029-R
Position Title: General Services Office (GSO) Housing Assistant (USEFM)
Opening Period: June 13, 2019 – June 27, 2019
Salary: (USD) 32,831 – (USD) 32,831
For More Info: Dakar Recruitment, DakarRecruitment@state.gov
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs)
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
Duration Appointment: Definite Not to Exceed 5 years.
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dakar, Senegal is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of GSO Housing Assistant in Dakar, Senegal.
Work Schedule: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Under the supervision of the Supervisory General Services Officer (SGSO), the incumbent coordinates amongst all mission agencies and with specific offices (RSO, FMO, CLO, etc.) on post housing requirements.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
Education: Two years of college education is required.
Experience: A minimum of one year of prior Marketing or Business Administration experience is required. Must have documented experience in any of the following fields: real estate, property management, interior design, architecture, engineering/facilities maintenance, finance, law.
Language: Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing of English is required. Level II (Limited) reading/speaking/writing of French is required. (This will be tested.)
Skills and Abilities: Incumbent must have demonstrated computer proficiency, utilizing multiple commercial software applications (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) (This will be tested.) Documented ability to multi-task in work situations that are often time sensitive is important. (This will be tested.)
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va.
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust Certification clearance.
Applicants must complete the following application process to be considered:
- Follow this link to the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) Website at https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/sen/vacancysearch/searchVacancies.hms. Click on the Announcement Number DAKAR-2019-029-R for GSO Housing Assistant. Click on “Apply to this Vacancy” in the upper left section of the announcement. Create an account or log in as necessary, and complete the application.
- Upload any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.) into the ERA system.
- Review and submit the application.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Supplemental Narrative Form (optional)
- Proof of Education
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Dakar, Senegal.