International School of Dakar
Job Summary: We are looking for a Yearbook Consultant to design and produce our school’s yearbook. The job will require organization, design skills, and an enthusiasm for working with students and our community. We want someone who is passionate about designing, writing, and depicting the vibrant school community through the yearbook! You will also be responsible for production of the yearbook, including working with printing vendors in Dakar to ensure a high-quality product.
This is a project-based, contract position with flexible working hours. The work will extend from August 2019 until the yearbook’s completion in June 2020.
- Planning and outlining the school yearbook in its entirety
- Photographing key school events (camera provided) and collaborating with teachers, coaches, parents, and students to source photographs for the yearbook
- Writing headlines, stories, and captions as needed and collaborating with teachers, coaches and students to source stories.
- Designing the yearbook using InDesign (school provided) or design software of choice.
- Choosing a theme that is consistent throughout the yearbook, including cover design and inside pages
- Choosing type/text/font specifications that are consistent throughout the yearbook
- Reviewing/proofreading page designs and stories
- Completing pages in a timely manner to meet deadlines
- Working with students
- Working with Finance department and printing vendor in Dakar.
- Maintaining an open line of communication with the Communications Coordinator to review work as it progresses
Qualifications: We are looking for a candidate with experience working on or producing English-medium publications or with a background in design and/or writing. This includes:
- Advanced or Fluent English (French or Wolof a plus)
- Excellent design skills, preferably in InDesign
- Ability to work independently to meet self-made deadlines
- Ability to work with students of all ages in a supportive manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Creativity and flexibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with teachers, coaches, parents and students.
- Enthusiasm for working with a tight-knit school community
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 201