The Secondary School Office Manager runs the administration of the Secondary School under the direction of the Secondary School Principal and the Assistant Principal. S/he also assists the Curriculum Coordinator, IB Coordinator and both the MS and HS Counselors. S/he liaises with the Finance, HR and Procurement offices on a daily basis.
Candidates must be available during the academic school year, August 2017 through mid-June 2018 and will schedule breaks during school vacation times.
Assistance to the Secondary School Principal
- Manages calendar and access to Principal;
- Communicates with parents and students in French and English on behalf of Principal and IBDP Coordinator;
- Drafts communications to parents and faculty on behalf of Principal;
- Monitors all Secondary School budgets;
- Manages local procurement for Secondary School Office;
- Maintains open door and open communication environment for Principal,
- Provides timely responses to concerns from parents on behalf of the Principal;
- Reporting during faculty meetings;
- Maintaining cash for a variety of student and faculty initiatives and accounting for these;
- Liaising across the school with other departments for and on behalf of the SSP and his leadership team;
Assistance to Coordinators, Counselors and Tech Director
- Liaison with Procurement, Finance and HR;
- Calendars and meetings;
- Reporting IB meetings;
- IB Diploma exam data analysis;
- Assignment of lockers;
- Administration of PD requests, payments and purchases;
- Administrative assistance for graduation;
- Administrative assistance in reporting;
- Administrative assistance in maintaining student/parent information in student information system;
- Administrative assistance in attendance record keeping in student information system.
Field Trip Administration
- Backstopping logistics and finance for all WWW trips;
- Communication and being on call with parents and service providers during WWW trips;
- Administration of parental permission for WWW and any other school trips.
Substitute Teacher Administration
- Manage absence of faculty and staff;
- Contact substitute teachers in daily and timely manner to avoid any loss of teaching time;
- Administer and document absences;
- Assist in recruitment of substitute teachers;
- Keep adequate records for payment of substitutes;
- Liaise with HR for substitute payment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Strong interpersonal skills especially in terms of cross cultural communication;
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, accounting and procurement;
- Strong knowledge of IB administrative requirements;
- Strong knowledge of student information systems, curriculum software and scheduling;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong language skills, in particular French.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by April 22, 2017