- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 tbsp unsalted butter, soft
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Oven rack middle, set oven at 350ºF. Spread 1/2 cup of sugar in a shallow bowl for coating.
- In a separate bowl: whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar (1 1/2 cup) together until light and fluffy (3-6 minutes). Beat in vanilla and then one egg at a time.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add four.
- use wet hands to roll 2 tbsp of dough and then roll in sugar to coat.
- Flatten cookies with a buttered cup and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes, until browned at edges.
Brought to us by Nancy.