Josie’s Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg (or 2 eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough flat, use desired cookie cutter shape and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.