Holiday Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 butter softened
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- generous dusting of cinnamon/sugar topping.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (until edges are firm). Cool on baking sheets for 2-5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.
- Once completely cooled, dust cookies liberally with cinnamon sugar mix.