Almond-Choc Chip Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, soft
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Adjust oven rack to middle and preheat @ 350ºF.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat sugar and butter at medium until light and fluffy (3-6 minutes). Beat in eggs one at a time and them both extracts.
- Reduce mix speed to low and mix in flour mixture. Mix in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Split dough in half. Use floured hands to make 2, 2×13 inch loaves, 3 inches apart on a parchment lines sheet. Bake 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Thansfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325ºF.
- Slice each loaf on a diagonal 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay on baking sheet, bake 15 minutes flipping halfway through. Cool for 30 minutes.
Brought to us by Nancy.