DATE: December 8, 2016
SUBJECT: Job Vacancy Announcement – FSN/2016/17
TO: All Qualified Applicants
JOB TITLE: Roving Secretary
GRADE: FSN-7 with the possibility of hiring the employee at the lower grade
CLOSING DATE: December 30, 2016
Note: Due to the number of applications we receive, only applicants who have been short listed will be contacted by USAID.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
This position is located in the Executive Office (EXO). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a year round Administrative Assistant providing Mission-wide support to the different offices as the need arises, and as such, perform a comprehensive range of procedural, administrative and secretarial functions. The primary function is to provide administrative and secretarial coverage for Administrative Assistants who are on leave. Additionally, the Roving Administrative Assistant will assist Offices/Teams with occasional clerical and administrative tasks as the need arises and schedule permits. This position will also provide the administrative support requirements of the Mission’s Development Leadership Initiative. Mission-wide clerical and administrative tasks will be coordinated by EXO. The Roving Admin Assistant must be multi-talented and able to assist with a variety of administrative tasks.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required. Completion of business school or secretarial training is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Three to five years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative assistant or substantive clerical experience is required. At least two years of this work experience with the U.S. Government, a local/international NGO, or other multilateral/bilateral organization is required.
- Language Proficiency: (List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (sp/read): Level III in English and Level IV in French are required.
- Knowledge: Must have working knowledge of the U.S. Government, a local/international NGO, or other multilateral/bilateral organization policies, regulations, and practices.
- Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to independently draft routine correspondence based on the administrative policies, communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to obtain, analyze, and to prepare correspondence documents; to use word processors and office information systems; to maintain database.
Copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in USAID website http://usaid.gov/senegal or in the USAID HR section. Interested applicants should submit applications to: email@example.com